Has it been two weeks already? We’re back with another hour-long program to bring you more tunes! Today’s mix is brought to you by Alastair Kelly, who’s been a fan and a follower for some time now. It’s like a very special feedback loop between us – I put out the these words into the stratosphere, and he selects his favorites among the few. The result is a concentrated dose of awesomeness showcasing the best of the best. But don’t let me try and convince you – listen for yourself. Here’s more from Kelly:
“When I listen to music I instantly find myself transported to a particular place, or time. This is often accompanied by a sensation, for example feeling a change in temperature, or a tingle of the skin like a fine mist hanging in the air. I’ve come to learn that this may be auditory-tactile synesthesia.
The Øresundsbroen is the bridge that links Copenhagen to Malmø. When I listen back to this mix, I find myself out in the Øresund Strait in the chill air immediately prior to dawn. The title is drawn from this – 05:50(am) & tåge (fog).
The mix was done on the back of a trip to Denmark this Summer and has a certain Nordic charm to it. The music itself is drenched with emotion; I love the weighty bottom-end range from the cellos. This one is a direct nod to you HC, as it features a selection of artists I first discovered through your excellent site.”
2. Hildur Guðnadóttir – Unveiled (Touch)
3. Ólafur Arnalds – _…og Lengra (Erased Tapes)
4. A Winged Victory For The Sullen – All Farewells Are Sudden (Erased Tapes)
5. Nils Frahm – Familiar (Erased Tapes)
6. Rafael Anton Irisarri – Lit A Dawn (Immune)
7. Jóhann Jóhannsson – How We Left Fordlandia (4AD)
8. Nils Frahm & Anne Müller – Let My Key Be C (Erased Tapes)
9. Deaf Center – New Beginning (Tidal Darkness) (Type)
10. Ólafur Arnalds – Haust (Erased Tapes)
11. Loscil – Endless Falss (Kranky)
12. Scissors & Sellotape – Personal Trainers (Facture)